Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions Page…
If the answer to your question isn’t here, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help. This page is a work in progress and your questions are helpful to us and other customers. There is no such thing as a silly question.
- Do you do deep tissue massage? – Yes, the Ka Huna, Lomi Lomi, Hawaiian Temple Massage training system is diverse and holistic, incorporating many massage techniques along with deep tissue, soft tissue, breath work & ancient wisdom and healing philosophy.
- Is your massage therapeutic or just relaxation? – Both, Hawaiian Massage is famous for it’s relaxation qualities, and from a therapeutic perspective, your practitioner creates an environment for you to heal on a physical, mental and emotional level. It’s like hitting your reset button.
- Do I have to take off my underwear? No, it’s a choice to leave your briefs on, or take them off. Either way your modesty is upheld by draping towels and sarongs or sheets over private areas. More draping/covering is always available to be used at your request. A sarong always covers your private area throughout the massage along with a modesty towel (no exceptions here). It is safe and secure and when no underwear is worn, your upper legs, thighs, buttocks, hips and lower back are easily accessible to be incorporated in the flow of the massage. The flowing style that Lomi Lomi and Ka Huna Body Work is famous for. Please see our Demonstration Video for an idea of what you will experience during your massage.
- Do you offer a massage where I can wear my clothes? Yes, we suggest book in for the Polynesian Bodywork, Bone & Joint Massage or Indian Head Massage. These massages are carried out wearing clothes. We suggest wearing loose, comfortable, long sleeved T-Shirt and long pants with a comfty elastic waste, but shorts and singlet is also fine.
- What’s so different about Hawaiian Massage? There are many subtle differences and to list them all would take a long time. In brief, the Ancient Kahuna Lomi Lomi (Masters of Massage) accepted wholeheartedly that we were much more than just our bodies. And because of this they treated their patients holistically. The intent being to treat the Body, Mind, Emotions and utimately heal the Spirit. All sessions were body-mind oriented. To give patients the best chance of healing, the aim was always to treat the symptoms as well as the cause. Otherwise true and long term healing couldn’t occur. Today, at Mind Body Synergy, we aim to follow in the foot steps of the revered Ancient Kahuna Lomi Lomi by following this same protocol as best is possible. Sometimes we may offer stress management advice, prayer or affirmation, meditation, guided visualisations, sound healing, and of course, the physical bodywork.